Monday, October 20, 2008

A Few Fall Craft Ideas

Hello bloggiing friends. I'm trying to figure all this new posting information, and I had a few problems. My first problem was that I didn't get my pictures to get posted in the correct line up. Hopefully, I will get this down pat soon. Here is my office desk shelf with two metal pumpkins. I decorated them for fall and added a small light my daughter bought me for Christmas. Warms up the dark cubby space a bit and fills it in with some fall colors.



This is the place I do my crafts. My basement....turned craft station. It works very well, and I have lots of storage and work space. It's alot like cooking in the kitchen. You must have the correct tools and supplies to do the job well. It's not in my living quarters, so I can make a big mess and not have to worry about how it looks until I am done creating. I have a tall stainless steel table, and a low table. The tall one I use for crafts and the low one for gift wrapping. My cat, Baby loves it down there. All the little dark places she can investigate, and she keeps me company. Along with the TV of course! Opps.. the TV is on the left. Didn't quite get in the picture.






I made this wrapping paper holder. Works quite well actually. Two pieces of wood nailed to a wood beam. Drilled holes and put in dowels for the paper.




This is going to be my next project. Hope I get it done in a reasonable amount of time to show you the results. It is from Martha Stewart Magazine. Go to her web site and click on "good things" fall paper wreath for the directions. If you have problems getting the directions, I will type them on the next post.




Well, that's it for today friends. Just thought I would add this picture of the perfect fall colors we are able to see here in beautiful Michigan. Enjoy the season. I'll be posting about some wonderful landspace ideas for next time.








13 comments:

Stacy said...

Oooooh. THAT is a gorgeous Martha wreath! Can't wait to see it when u are done!

PS. Blogging and adding pics takes a few posts to get down. Once you got it though, its like riding a bike! LOL.

~Stacy

Chris said...

Good job, Mom! You're going to MAKE that wreath out of paper? That looks like a lot of work! I wish I had a wrapping/craft center. Then maybe I could get everything off my dining room table! :)

Sarah said...

Your blog looks great! I love your craft area. I quilt and my area used to be the basement as well. In our new house there is room in the master for most of my stuff.

CindyLou said...

Welcome to the blogging community! I have just started by own blog too! Just like you I am very nervous about it! I thought I would give it a try though! Love your fall decorations! I am a former Michigander, who now lives in Nashville. Just try to have fun with your blog!!

Marie said...

OOOH. I'm going to like your blog, I can tell! I like that gift wrapping table a LOT. Can't wait to see the wreath!

southerninspiration said...

Oh wow, I'd love a basement like that! Here in TX we don't have basements....

Leah S. said...

Welcome! I'm new to the blog scene too...well as a blogger at least! Have fun with it and Im excited to see all your craft and decorating ideas!

Unknown said...

Hi Barbara,
It looks like you have a wonderful space to create! I have a bonus room above my garage that I'm trying to use as sort of a craft area...playroom...media room...!

I really like the way you did the wire pumpkins!

Victoria said...

Welcome to blogland! Love the Martha wreath and the leaf picture.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Well now we know. Like mother, like daughter. You're both VERY creative! I LOVE the wreath you made for your friend's visit. I so do that sort of thing. Make something new when company's coming (instead of cleaning)????
How sweet that Chris helped you make a blog. That's exactly how I got started. What would we do without our daughters???

Connie said...

Welcome & I look forward to getting to know you. Keep those decorating ideas coming ...

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Chris's Mom! And welcome to blogging. You'll be an old pro in no time. Enjoy and have fun with it!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

That is a beautiful fall wreath and I can't wait to see how it turns out! I love your craft space in the basement too...I am jealous! Thanks for coming to visit me, it was fun to come and see what you are up to, too! I will be back!
Carrie